This edition is sponsored by Gumption Savannah Membership
Good Morning, Savannah. Get ready for the long weekend. Have a enjoyable, fun and safe Fourth of July break! I will catch back up with you next Tuesday.
In Today’s Gumption Savannah:
- Fourth of July In Chatham, Effingham and Bryan counties
- Back-to-school clinics
- Tybee smoking and vape ordinance
Let’s get right to it!
– Jay H Paszamant
Fourth of July in the Savannah Area
This July 4th, celebrate the birth of America with a bang! Where to celebrate July 4th in Chatham, Bryan and Effingham
Stop by one of the many celebrations in honor America’s birthday this weekend! From Springfield to Tybee Island, you don’t want to miss out on all the fun. We’ve got plenty for everyone—whether it be an event or just walking around town wearing your red white strips with pride (and maybe getting some grub from one of the many great restaurants).
Savannah Stars and Stripes: July 4th Weekend
- Free live music, fountain acrobatics, Cirque Divina shows, mini-golf, and a variety of food and drink options will be available during the four-day event.
- At 9:15 p.m., on Monday, Plant Riverside District will present the annual Savannah’s Waterfront Fireworks Show.
Richmond Hill Fourth of July Celebration
- 4:30-10 p.m., July 2 J.F. Gregory Park, 521 Cedar St., Richmond Hill, GA
- Free to the public with food and beverages available to purchase. BYOB, bring your own blankets, and chairs.
Springfield First Friday
- The city of Springfield has announced they will be transforming their popular First Friday event into an exciting ceremony to honor veterans. 4-8 p.m., July 1st at the Mars Theater
Bryan County Independence Day Celebration
- This old-fashioned festival is a kid-friendly affair with live history performances like musket firings. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., July 2 at Fort McAllistor State Park.
Red, White and Brews: An American Bar Crawl
- Wear your red, white, and blue as you visit the most well-liked bars in Savannah! Twelve bars are taking part in this event, and each offers drink specials, t-shirts, and other giveaways.
Tybee Island Fireworks
- The Tybee Island pier is a great place to celebrate America’s birthday. The view of any one of Tybee’s beaches will be worth it, but if you want the best spot with an amazing show start arriving early and stay late – fireworks begin at dark! – 9:15 p.m.
- Summer is underway, but local health departments are already planning back-to-school clinics so students will have the required screenings and vaccinations they need for the upcoming year. (WSAV) Check your area.
- The Metropolitan Planning Commission’s public hearing on Tuesday, July 5 has been canceled. (Savannahga.gov) Read more.
- The Greenbriar Children’s Center Announces Its Second Annual Online Day of Giving. The nonprofit has been serving children and families in Savannah for 73 years. “Drive by” celebration on July 15th at 4:00 p.m. where members of the community are encouraged to decorate their cars and visit the center to see the decorations and receive a prize for the most creatively decorated car! (Savannah Business Journal) Read more.
- When you need a good old fashioned buffet but can’t find one in your area, here are some nearby options. (WSAV)
- As of July 1, 2022, the City of Tybee Island will begin issuing citations for smoking and vaping on all public beach crossovers and beaches. The new ordinance went into effect June 1 with a 30-day warning period. The warning period ends July 1. Violators face fines up to $300. (cityoftybee.org)
Four Listings by Seabolt Real Estate Associate Broker Staci Donegan Selected as Finalists in HGTV Ultimate House Hunt 2022